The health and safety of our customers, colleagues & the Hitchin community is of the upmost importance to us and for the first time in our 260 year history, we temporarily closed Gatwards on Monday 23rd March 2020.
As the government has now stated that all non-essential retail shops can re-open from 15th June, we plan to re-open on Wednesday 17th June and have been working hard behind the scenes to get everything in place to keep our team and our customers safe.
From the 17th June, our new temporary opening hours will be:
Some of the measures we are taking are as follows:
- We need to limit the number of people in our store at any one time so we are launching a new appointment booking system so that we can make sure we can spend time with you when you are considering making a purchase.
- We recognise that buying jewellery is a luxury experience and we intend to keep it as such. We have invested in perspex screens to allow customers to come in and still consult with us safely when purchasing jewellery.
- UV Jewellery cleaners along with jewellery cleaning solutions will be used whenever jewellery is handled to ensure that trying on any items as well as booking in repairs can be done safely.
- We will be keeping everyone 2 metres apart wherever possible and we will have a hygiene station at the entrance of the shop where hand sanitiser will be available to all customers on entering the building.
- Regular cleaning of all surface areas and touchpoints in the shop will be done throughout the day
We ask you to bear with us as we all adjust to this new way of operating but please rest assured, we will continue to put the sparkle into the experience of buying jewellery even in the Covid 19 world we live in.
Our website remains open for orders, and we will always help with any enquiry as best we can if you are unable to visit the store and we will also be offering online consultations via zoom.
For any enquiries please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us via social media.
Thank you for your understanding during this unprecedented time, we hope you stay safe and well and we look forward to seeing you very soon.